Bakelite Brown Dolly Switch Light with Polished Brass Cover
These authentic looking Brass Dolly Switches are the perfect match when used with the Round Brass GPO 56B mounted on a cedar strained mounting block.
Suitable Mounting Blocks can be found by Clicking HERE
Unfortunately the light switch mechanism is no longer made of true Bakelite and is now manufactured in brown plastic still using quality Clipsal components.
The cover is made from high grade pressed brass manufactured here in Australia to give the high quality standard we are use to as per the original switch sold by Clipsal.
The appearance of the Bakelite dolly mechanism is extremely close to the original Bakelite Switch produced by Clipsal in earlier years.
Clipsal Part Number No 363 Series.
Manufacturing of the true Bakelite Mechanisms and Sockets ceased some years ago so unless stated "Genuine Bakelite" you will find all of these Switches in the market place are in fact made of plastic.
TERMINOLOGY FOR EACH SWITCH
One Way - Two Way: 10 amp
2 WAY SWITCH = 1 Switch to 1 Light OR 2 Switches to 1 Light.
Rating: 240 - 250 Volt 10 amp
- Switch Type - Dolly with Push on Brass Cover
- Base Diameter - 54 mm
- Protrusion- Base to End of Dolly - 37 mm
- Cover and Dolly Finish - Polished Brass with Bakelite Brown
- Mechanism Material - Brown Plastic
- Mechanism Brand - Clipsal
- Manufacturer - Schneider
- Country of Origin - Australia
- Approval/Conformity - ASNZS 3133 IEC60669-1
- Care and Maintenance - See FAQ page